Comparison Essay

Comparison Essay

When people go through struggles they often have another with a very similar situation. This works with two people/dog. Buck and Kesha are two great examples of life pain. They express it though, in very different ways. They each express a physical pain and Kesha goes a little deeper and talks about an inner pain. A battle with herself some might say. They both are abused and mistreated. How it happens can be a different thing but they are feeling external pain for sure.

When these two both are feeling pain, I can’t help but wonder, what is similar about their situation? Besides the fact that they were abused, I’m going to go a bit deeper into each of their situation. Buck was obviously abused in many ways being beat, mistreated, put in harsh conditions, and overall, uncared for. But for Kesha it is a little more hidden. It is in a song, so it’s a little more cryptic. In the song it makes it obvious she got played and had her heartstrings pulled by a guy and even hints at physical abuse as well. That’s a pretty similar situation, uncared for and beaten.

And as I wonder about how similar these two are, I also think, what is different about Kesha and Bucks situation. Well first, I could say that Kesha problems come from emotions more than physical while buck is the exact opposite. Kesha has some internal pain as well, when shown in the song: I was nothing without you, I had to learn how to fight for myself. It shows she has internal conflict for herself whereas, Buck, does not. He might have some, after all, he did kill someone, but the book never states it so it must be treated as if Buck does not have any at all.

After a comparison of the two, I can really say that their problems are real. I would actually recommend therapy or something of the sort. While the cases both have their different points, it boils down to two people (but one dog) have very hard struggles and seem to be doing pretty well with the curveballs life throws at them. It goes to show, for most people at least, that you can pull yourself out of any situation that life throws at you. You are stronger than you think so go out there, let life throw things at you, you will be there to catch it out of the sky and show life that you can take it. Don’t be afraid.